Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming and the Holiday Season

4 posters

Go down

Gaming and the Holiday Season Empty Gaming and the Holiday Season

Post  Lawke Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

so I know a lot of games are coming out starting October and lasting till about the end of November. i just wanted to let you guys know (in case you were unaware) that nearing the end of November through mid-January is the best time for deals, hence the christmas season.

since there are so many games and other little gadgets coming out all at once, i highly recommend you hold off on buying things the second they come out. or if you have been dieing to get that new HD TV, i really think you should wait for the deals to come around. trust me, theyre coming.

you will be able to save a ton of money if you wait till near or around Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) to make your purchases. a site that I have linked on more than one ocassion, http://dealnews.com/ will help tremendously on your savings. i highly recommend keeping an eye on the "Black Friday" section.

if anyone knows any other neat little tips on ways to save for the gaming season, please share.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gaming and the Holiday Season Empty Re: Gaming and the Holiday Season

Post  Blankrubber Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm

I know last year Best Buy had "end of life" video games accessories on a table for hella-cheap starting Black Friday. Basically, end of life means the store is losing money because of the space the item takes up on the shelf 0_o. When I was in media I used to sell those things for a buck, and that included styluses, carrying cases, ac adapters, etc.

Here's a good piece of advice. Black Friday starts the day after Thanksgiving, and if anywhere else is like Best Buy, those exact same deals that people wake up at 4:00am for come around again sometime before Christmas. As for Best Buy, that includes every single deal. Even items they sell out of come back into stock and will be in the Sunday advertisement at Black Friday prices before Christmas time.

Also, retail stores make up their lost revenue around Christmas, just before the end of most of their fiscal years, so that means they're not necessarily aiming for large margins on items (or high profits). Usually you can talk them down in price, especially if you tell them it's a gift or you sign up for in-store offers and such, like (free) Reward Zone.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:59 pm

what does Rewards Zone do?

also, yes i agree the actual Black Friday day is just chaotic. the sales continue afterwards, once stock is refilled.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:20 pm

this topic makes me feel car sick for some reason...
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Inri wrote:this topic makes me feel car sick for some reason...

it could be the constant use of drugs.

but im no doctor.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 pm

also cox
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down