Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

three Diablo 3 classes left?

3 posters

Go down

three Diablo 3 classes left? Empty three Diablo 3 classes left?

Post  Lawke Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 pm

ok, so me dustin and Stephen got in a good discussion on what you guys think the next 3 classes are in Diablo 3. Blizzard has already announced the Barbarian and Witch Doctor, and has made a statement saying that there will be a total of 5 at release.

i personally think it will be Paladin, Ranger (archer type) and some sort of caster-melee hybrid, but im not sure what it would be exactly.

also, when do you think it will be released? my bet is 2010 Very Happy
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

three Diablo 3 classes left? Empty Re: three Diablo 3 classes left?

Post  Inri Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:05 pm

given how the two they've announced so far somewhat resemble obama and chuck norris, i'd be guessing the next two are gonna be johnny depp, hanna montanna, and a ninja.
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyne Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:45 pm

5 classes at release? wow..blizzard is so fucking sad at class design.
Dyne
Dyne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Dyne wrote:5 classes at release? wow..blizzard is so fucking sad at class design.

i actually agree with it. simplicity on the outside view, but the classes themselves will be able to do a lot.

and you know theyre adding 2 or more in an expansion.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyne Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:32 am

yeah but it's every game. 9 classes in wow..6 in the d's before, 4 heros in warcraft. it's just such a weak list. there's no variety theres always just that singular chance you're going to run into that small amount of classes. imo it just dumbs down the games and players since there are so limited amount of combinations to work with.
Dyne
Dyne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:48 am

Dyne wrote:yeah but it's every game. 9 classes in wow..6 in the d's before, 4 heros in warcraft. it's just such a weak list. there's no variety theres always just that singular chance you're going to run into that small amount of classes. imo it just dumbs down the games and players since there are so limited amount of combinations to work with.

i agree, i loved that in DAoC there was what, 30 different classes, if not more? mind you, some were pretty similar (Merc / Zerker / Blademaster) but each had a few unique abilities.

but from a balancing stand-point and overall development, its much wiser to stick with less classes and be able to make them all a lot of fun rather than a bunch of broken classes and a couple that are completely OP in comparison.

i too wish there were more, but i can see why they are choosing to do it this way, and so far this philosophy has worked for them in the long run with all their other games. having all franchises as "Game of the Year" makes it hard to defy their judgment on what is right for their own game.

imo it just dumbs down the games and players since there are so limited amount of combinations to work with.

theres actually a ton of choices you can make in Diablo 2, when it comes to talent specs and what not. Fire Sorcs, Electric Sorcs, Trap-assin, martial arts Assassin. sure, they were the same class, but their talents really defined how they played, it was almost like playing a completely different character. Shapeshift Druid vs Elemental Druid? thats like a difference between day and night.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 pm

i rewatched the gameplay video... and seeing as how the first two announced classes are basicially warrior and warlock, i'm sure they'll add mage, priest, and rogue next. i can only hope they'll give shaman a chance.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Inri wrote:i rewatched the gameplay video... and seeing as how the first two announced classes are basicially warrior and warlock, i'm sure they'll add mage, priest, and rogue next. i can only hope they'll give shaman a chance.

i dunno, would Shaman fit into the lore, per-se? i think Druid might take its spot, but thats just me.

i honestly hope they make completely new and unique classes.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:20 am

we'll see. i would buy that game in a heartbeat if it had a samurai or an illusionist
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down