Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo DS Emulator

4 posters

Go down

Nintendo DS Emulator Empty Nintendo DS Emulator

Post  Lawke Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:14 pm

i recently bought an emulator for my DS that allows me to play any NDS game i want, if its available to download. ive tested it and every game has worked so far, however most if not all the additional applications created (AIM, Linux for DS, Calender) do not work so far. its a relatively new flash cart from what ive heard, so maybe in the future there will be some stuff that is compatible with it.

the flash cart i got is iTouchDS. it has a very user friendly interface and all roms work perfectly, including the WiFi capabilities.

Nintendo DS Emulator I%20touch%20ds.gif

if you want to purchase one, i got mine from www.DealWoot.com. if you get one, you will also need a micro SD card. they run about $6-$12 depending if you can find a deal.

the iTouchDS comes with a handy flash kit that has a USB port on one side and a slot for your micro SD on the other. download your ROMs and just throw them right into the root directory of the micro SD, or you can make a folder inside the root just to organize things. i get my ROMs from www.NDS-ROMS.com. this site seems to be the best so far since it is constantly updated with new games, is easy to search through and is a direct download from their servers rather than bittorrent. just try to make sure you download games that have (U) at the end of them. (U) is for the US version, (E) for Europe and (J) for Japan.

ofcourse, each flash cart has new firmware to avoid new blockers in the new NDS games and to support new applications being made. regardless of what flash cart you get, i recommend downloading the latest firmware from www.linfoxdomain.com. this file also gets placed in the root directory of the micro SD card.

if anyone has any questions, let me know.

Last edited by Lawke on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nintendo DS Emulator Empty Re: Nintendo DS Emulator

Post  Blankrubber Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 am

Does it play GBA games? Namely Mother 3.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePaperClip Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:40 am

The NDS Emulator I had for my PC ran GBA / GB games, allowed netplay, played foreign games; it just lagged badly.
ThePaperClip
ThePaperClip

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am

Blankrubber wrote:Does it play GBA games? Namely Mother 3.

ive looked into it just a bit. i know some cards out there can do it, however from what i can tell it takes a separate flash cart for Slot 2. Slot 1 is the DS chamber that the iTouchDS goes into.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:07 pm

stephen and i played a few games the other night on our DS's.

so far the only issue ive encountered with this flash cart (and its probably the same with all the other flash carts out there) is the DS download play. so far, 3 of the 4 games we tried did NOT work with me trying to host a game and another person trying to download my game for us to play together. the games we tried:

Did not work:

Mario Party
Metroid Prime Hunters
New Super Mario Bros

Worked:

Worms 2: Open Warfare

as for multi-card play (each person has their own copy of the game) ive had no issues with any of the 5 games ive played using Wifi or direct signal.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 pm

for anyone still looking into buying a flash cart, there is a sale on 2 gig Micro SDs at Buy.com

2GB microSD Kingston 2-pack - $11.77

also has free shipping.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:07 pm

hmm price is down to $25
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down