Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 09

4 posters

Go down

E3 09 Empty E3 09

Post  Shadowspine Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 pm

I was in Florida the week this happened so I missed all the press coverage, but from what I've seen and heard it was a pretty reviving E3 for the game world. The Wii kind of pissed me off with their continuous milking of the Mario Galaxies AND Twilight Princess franchises since it looks like the new Mario and Zelda games are direct sequals and the new Metroid which makes me think Nintendo has no creativity whatsoever.

However, as usual, the DS was like a ray of sunshine as games like Scribblenauts, Golden Sun DS, and Kingdon Hearts 358/2 days make me glad that I can download them for free.

Mass Effect 2 and Modern Warfare 2 look promising as were their predecessors.

And I still have no reason to buy a PS3.

Pretty good this year I guess. Any other impressions?
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

E3 09 Empty Re: E3 09

Post  Lawke Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:54 am

Shadowspine wrote:
And I still have no reason to buy a PS3.

its all about taste.

i think most people shove the PS3 away before giving it a chance. i personally admit that i hated the PS3 before having one, just because i didnt like what i saw or heard about.

play more than just demos and random games over at friends houses and i think youll enjoy it more than you think. :)

*edit* oh and the things that excited me most about E3 this year were:

- God of War 3
- PSP Go
- FF13 / 14
- MAG
- CoD MW2
- PS3 Motion Controller
- The Wii's timely death >:)
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:20 am

Lawke wrote:- The Wii's timely death >Smile

Yeah everyone seems to be working on new motion controls now that the Wii has popularized it, the sad thing is the PS3's and 360's programs look so much more advanced and fine-tuned than the system whos sole purpose was motion.
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyne Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 pm

As I said from the first month of the Wii, all they did was recycle 20 yr old tech and wrap it up with a very weak machine. With no room for growth, it was only a matter of time before it died.
Dyne
Dyne

Back to top Go down

Post  They Call Me Dr.Mario Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm

You guys are acting like it's dead already. I really believe that they are going to stay on top longer than you guys are giving them credit for.
They Call Me Dr.Mario
They Call Me Dr.Mario

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 pm

stay on top of sales?

hell yes they will. that system and its games will be selling for years to come.

my reference to the "timely death" is that most of the hardcore gamers (ie. not grandparents and young children) will NOT be bothering with the Wii. Nintendo is well aware that their core audience is not gamers with atleast half a brain stem. They will continue to sell garbage games and milk moms and dads of their money for who knows how long.

the DS, however, is a great system and is highly respectable with reputable developers still creating games for it.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

It just saddens me that games that were once for hardcore gamers, i.e. Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc., will most likely be influenced by this fad and won't be the intense gaming experiences they once were, sacrificing finesse for gimicks.

The DS is like my favorite system. Very Happy
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  They Call Me Dr.Mario Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh well i think the timely death of hardcore gaming focus died a long time ago for Nintendo. But hey maybe they'll bring back the power glove.
They Call Me Dr.Mario
They Call Me Dr.Mario

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum