Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros

+3
Boss Hog
ThePaperClip
Lawke
7 posters

Go down

A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros Empty A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros

Post  Lawke Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Ok, so this game probably won't really rival it due to graphics and so on, but the basic fighting engine and the anime-style sprite looks behind it give it a cool look.

The game is called "Card Sagas Wars". Quite possibly one of the dumbest names yet, but it has just about every fighter you will ever think of that has been in a video game. The developers plan to have 995 characters by the end of release.

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/cards.htm

FAQ from their website:

Q: What is Card Sagas Wars?(CSW for short)
A: It's a fangame created by Ahruon and Orkimedes using M.U.G.E.N., a freeware program to create 2D fighter games.

Q: Do I need something else to play it?
A: No, just download and play.

Q: When does it come out?
A: There's no release date for now, but the first version(beta) will be announced soon.

Q: What will include that beta?
A: It will only have 4 characters, but it will let you see how's the gameplay and graphic style.
These four characters will be: Link(Legend of Zelda), Cloud(Final Fantasy VII), X(Megaman X) and KOS-MOS(Xenosaga)

Q: How many characters will have the complete game?
A: We plan to continue releasing characters for a long time so there is no determined number of characters.

Q: Can you put XXXX from the YYYY saga?
A: We have a list of characters that we want to make for CSW, so for now we don't accept requests. Maybe when we have done all those characters we will accept requests from people, but we haven't decided yet.

Q: Will it include characters from comics, manga or movies?
A: There will be a few manga-anime characters we wanted to put so badly that we had to. But it will mainly be videogame characters.

Q: I saw the trailers and I noticed the backgrounds are from other games.
A: We haven't done the backgrounds for the game, they're MUGEN stages. We want to create stages specifically for the game, but our top priority are the characters.

Q: The characters are too small!
A: We are using the Card Gallery style.

Q: Are you going to put all the characters in the Card Gallery in CSW?
A: No. That would be almost impossible since there are tons of characters in the Card Gallery.

Q: How are the special movements done? Is it like Street Fighter?
A: Special moves are done by pressing a direction and the Special Attack button, like the "Smash Bros" or "Tales of" series.

Then there are the Combos which are done by pressing a combination of buttons a la Street Fighter or other fighting games. And finally the Super Moves

Q: Will I be able to add the characters to my own MUGEN?
A: No, but we didn't discard that possibility yet
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros Empty Re: A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros

Post  Guest Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:11 pm

i'd play it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros Empty Re: A neat fighter that might rival Smash Bros

Post  ThePaperClip Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePaperClip
ThePaperClip

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 pm

ThePaperClip wrote:With 995 playable characters in a fighting game I am going to say 4/5 of them will be unbalanced, unloved, and unorginal.

i dont expect it to be anywhere near balanced. im thinking of it as more of a "time killer" rather than competitiveness.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePaperClip Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePaperClip
ThePaperClip

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:58 pm

that looks really interesting. i wonder how they could possibly pull that many characters.
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 am

Boss Hog wrote:that looks really interesting. i wonder how they could possibly pull that many characters.

theyre all sprites, and most moves are probably copied.

this is a fighter like all the traditional fighters. not many physics are used, mainly just combos. ultimately, this means very little animation is required by them.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Choas Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Where's the love for Battle Stadium D.O.N.? It's the anime-oriented version of Smash Bros.
Mr. Choas
Mr. Choas

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Mr. Choas wrote:Where's the love for Battle Stadium D.O.N.? It's the anime-oriented version of Smash Bros.

thats why. :P
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:08 am

oh lawke, you and you're hatred for anime.

next conan's hint!
a big nosed farmer/astronaut
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am

Boss Hog wrote:
next conan's hint!
a big nosed farmer/astronaut

Olimar!
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm

they released another teaser a little while back. still no release date for the demo.

Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Master cheif? Cloud? Megaman? This game will be way better than smash bros!
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:10 pm

kosmos, chrono, and X are what would get me to play the game. screw master chief. who is that lion guy? i'm curious.
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Post  They Call Me Dr.Mario Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Didn't they have master chief in a DOA game already?
They Call Me Dr.Mario
They Call Me Dr.Mario

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:15 pm

They Call Me Dr.Mario wrote:Didn't they have master chief in a DOA game already?

no, that was Spartan 454. but I guess it's not that original anymore.
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Thu May 08, 2008 11:43 pm

update on the progress of this game?
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Fri May 09, 2008 10:39 am

Boss Hog wrote:update on the progress of this game?

still in development.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down