Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions?

+4
Deadeye Jedi
Blankrubber
ThePaperClip
Lawke
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions?

Post  Lawke Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 am

Inri wrote:Lucario has an semi invisible shockwave that comes out of his smashes (that are slow as hell, mind you). you can see them if he uses his attacks in the water.

not only his smashes, a lot of his standard moves and ariel moves damage players that are not hit by hands/feet, but rather the "force" infront of his hands/feet.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions?

Post  Inri Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 am

Shadowspine wrote:I wasn't very impressed with Brawl

maybe because I haven't played enough, or maybe because I was hyped and ready to play it back in November, but so far, I don't see a new game; I see melee thats prettier and has more characters. That's not to say I don't like the game; I'm sure if I owned it and played SSE and used the level designer I'd like it a lot more, but with 7 years and 3 delays under their belt I just feel like they could have done something more to change the dynamic of the gameplay for Brawl.
+ Clones and OP'd characters are still running rampant.

"dynamic of the gameplay"

don't take this the wrong way as if i'm flaming you because i disagree, but i would like to make my stand-point known on the "dynamics" of the gameplay. first off, the gameplay mechanics are completely different. this is a different game from melee. this is masahiro sakurai's dream perfected. the button configurations are virtually the same, but the physics are completely different. maybe it's because you didn't get to play it as much, but literally every character in the game has been changed around so that you're somewhat forced into playing with a different style. example: i've never been killed with ness's up b until Brawl, and i never thought the day would come when Peach's over B could actually be considered OP for even a brief moment in my frustration of losing. how about the footstool jump? the new physics engine makes certain attacks connect that didn't in melee. take toon link down smash for example. that's the "grasscutter" move that he's always had, but usually your opponent only got hit by the initial blow. now, if your opponent gets hit by the first shot, they flop over you and take the second. kek.
i am alil pissed that you used the word "clone" when referring to brawl. the only remote clone in the game is ganondorf, and he's been changed overall. he's been extremely "luigified" (not in a gay way). his up smash is different and his over b and up b serve for totally different functions than they used to. i guess the same could go for toon link, but ganon and toon link's physics are so different from their counterparts, it feels like slimey poison in my mouth referring to them as clones. because they aren't.
finally...
i will condem anyone who starts getting too far into the whole "OP Character" thing. that is a major buzz-kill to people who actually adore the game and is simply an excuse for a lack of ability to win.
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:45 am

Lawke wrote:
Inri wrote:Lucario has an semi invisible shockwave that comes out of his smashes (that are slow as hell, mind you). you can see them if he uses his attacks in the water.

not only his smashes, a lot of his standard moves and ariel moves damage players that are not hit by hands/feet, but rather the "force" infront of his hands/feet.

exactly. and i think his smashes need it for the overall slow startup time they have. no complaints by me on the use of his basic A moves.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadeye Jedi Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Inri wrote:.
finally...
i will condem anyone who starts getting too far into the whole "OP Character" thing. that is a major buzz-kill to people who actually adore the game and is simply an excuse for a lack of ability to win.

Kirby is very OP
Deadeye Jedi
Deadeye Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

That's it, you're dead. ;P
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadeye Jedi Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm

No, I meant Kirby is Orally Pleasurfull, what with all that sucking...
Deadeye Jedi
Deadeye Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Like an octopus, eh?
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions? - Page 2 Thread10
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadeye Jedi Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:12 pm

That reminds me...I want Big the Cat in the next Smash Bros.

If I'm still alive.
Deadeye Jedi
Deadeye Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:53 pm

wow, having big in the game would be like having... john edwards as a playable character. why waste time with such a character when you could have megaman, isaac, or knuckles?
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Inri wrote:wow, having big in the game would be like having... john edwards as a playable character. why waste time with such a character when you could have megaman, isaac, or knuckles?

if characters like ROB or Pichu have a chance at getting in the game, why not Big? just because you dont like him doesnt mean he shouldnt be in the game. :)

(i dont like him either, but i cant blame people for wanting their own favorite characters in)
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadeye Jedi Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Woah, just kidding fools. I would totally want megaman in there, as well as Duke Nukem.
Deadeye Jedi
Deadeye Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Deadeye Jedi wrote:Woah, just kidding fools. I would totally want megaman in there, as well as Duke Nukem.

you werent kidding, i can tell.

ill talk with Sakurai. ill hook you up.

any other requests?
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadeye Jedi Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 am

Hmmm ideal characters for Smash Brothers:

Spongebob Squarpants

Jesus

The Prince (Katamari Damacy)

Master Chief

Hitler

Ryu Hayabusa

Sam Fisher

Shaq

Crash Bandicoot

Rambo

Indiana Jones

Darth Vader

Dante (DMC)

Parappa the Rapper

Cupid (Young Link'd PIT, not that I know what that would be like *ahem*)

Elvis Presley

Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Gordon Freeman

Marcus Fenix

NESSy the Lockness Monster

Big Foot

Jet Li

Queen Elizabeth

Tom Cruise

Batman

Spiderman

My penis (maybe too OP)

NSYNC (kind of like ice climbers)

Davy Jones

Robocop

Samuel Jackson (again maybe too OP)

Chuch Norris (DEFINITELY TOO OP)

Snowbird (from Channel 4 news)

Loco Roco

Frank West (Dead Rising)

V (V for Vendetta)

Neo

That's all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll put some more later.
Deadeye Jedi
Deadeye Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:31 am

Deadeye Jedi wrote:

Shaq

Big Foot

theyre already in Brawl. unlocked by beating Sakurai -

IRL.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 am

i want japanese ronald mcdonald

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/188128/
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 am

Lawke wrote:
Deadeye Jedi wrote:Woah, just kidding fools. I would totally want megaman in there, as well as Duke Nukem.

you werent kidding, i can tell.

ill talk with Sakurai. ill hook you up.

any other requests?

Cool i knew he was kidding. hench why i pulled john edwards out of nowhere.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:10 am

I'm not so sure Crash would ever make it into Smash Bros. Nor Dante Sad Maybe when Tim's Smash Bros World (6th game) comes out, they'll have a chance...but that'll be in like 35 years. <-- that's a close guess.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:34 pm

dude, a Chuck Norris character would suck to play as

over smash - roundhouse kick
up smash - roundhouse kick
nuetral B - roundhouse kick
number of jumps - 0 (chuck doesn't need to jump, enemies gladly come to him to be roundhose kicked)
Final Smash - Landmaster

Blankrubber's dad would be a way better character.
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:18 am

mikey's dad's character

up + B = mikey's dad pulls the screen lower so that his character moves to whatever location you desire while
Over + B = mikey's dad drink coffee and restore any dmg you have dealt to yourself (mikey's dad does not take dmg from opposing players or team mates)
down + B = you drive your red truck
neutral B = you win the match

final smash = Petra shannon
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:19 am

rofl. That final smash is genius.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:03 am

i was thinking the same thing
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I just want to announce that Rick's main is Robot.

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions? - Page 2 Thread11
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Your Smash Bros Brawl impressions? - Page 2 Jeffea10
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 pm

lol
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next