Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

5 posters

Go down

Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Empty Gamestop's Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

Post  Lawke Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:13 pm

Gamestop Tournament

Unlike what I was told at Gamestop when i preordered, the tournament being held is for Brawl, not Melee. I checked the list of stores participating and Stones River is on there. So, I suppose we dont need to play Melee that weekend, but it will suck being without the game for over a week then playing in a Tournament.

*UPDATE* - In my interview with Gamestop, we talked about the Brawl tournament. The guys there said the first match will be Melee, because they can't let people play the game before it comes out and the tournament will be before midnight. I honestly have no idea who to believe now, because even the store I preordered in wasn't sure.

Remember, our plans for midnight release are still the same:

Midnight Release

Last edited by Lawke on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Empty Re: Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

Post  Blankrubber Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Saturday? I'm DEFINITELY there. Hell yes.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Empty Re: Gamestop\'s Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

Post  Shadowspine Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:19 pm

but will gamestop already have all the characters if they just got it that day?
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 pm

DDR machines used to get special codes to enter for tournaments that unlocked everything.

Then again, Brawl isn't an arcade machine.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:23 pm

it would suck if they didn't. I can't think of any of us who mains a starter.
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Hog Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 pm

yea too bad none of us use characters like zelda, princess peach, yoshi, fox, link

(is shooting sarcasm at lil mikey)
Boss Hog
Boss Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

I haven't seen anyone use any of those characters more than a handful of times, except for zelda
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:06 am

Shadowspine wrote:I haven't seen anyone use any of those characters more than a handful of times, except for zelda

yoshi was my main in melee, trying to get good with Meta Knight before moving onto him.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:34 am

i guess i could use pkmn trainer...
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down