Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boom Blox review

:: Gaming :: User Reviews

Go down

Boom Blox review Empty Boom Blox review

Post  Lawke Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Boom Blox review Boom-blox-logo

before I get started, let me make something clear. third party titles for the Wii have a reputation of being horrendous. typically, the only good Wii games are made by Nintendo. however, EA has proven them self worthy of making a good third party title, known as Boom Blox. try to bare with me, because this game is hard to explain, and even if i show you a video of the game, you wont truely know how it feels or what exactly is going on.

i guess you could call this a puzzle/party game. the objective is different in different parts of the game, but the first one you come across is my favorite. first, the only buttons you use are A, B and moving the cursor with the wiimote. this stays true for all of the mini games. each level has a stack of jenga-like blocks, ontop of which are blue cubes. the objective is to knock all the blue cubes down to the ground in as few throws as possible. to spice things up, there are special blocks throughout the jenga pile that give the game a strategy feel. red blocks explode on impact, green ones are chemical based which require you to knock one green block into another green block, and purple blocks vanish on impact. a basic level will look like this:

Boom Blox review DugbuzzBoomBlox

now, the neat thing about Boom Blox is that there are a lot of different ways to play. in one mode, you have to play almost exactly like jenga, using the wii remote to carefully pull out blocks that are worth points without toppling the tower. in another mode, you have to create a path using blocks for an animal to reach her young. there are a lot more ways to play, but it would take forever to try to explain them in detail, even though the concept is simplistic. on top of all this, there is a stage creator, which is really only fun to try to make a huge chain reaction.

overall, i had a blast with this game, and it truly surprised me even though i read other reviews and watched videos of it. if you enjoy puzzle games, you do not want to miss out on this one.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down