Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 review

4 posters

:: Gaming :: User Reviews

Go down

Fallout 3 review Empty Fallout 3 review

Post  Dyne Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 am

So I just finished playing through the game and thought I'd share for anyone thinking of buying or dling it. It's a very expansive world, just like Oblivion, where most everything is intractable. You may know that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic time which pretty much sets you in the middle of a desert, miserable, which was my experience.

The graphics were top notch and the theme was dead on, no doubt about it, there were few settlements, people were misserable and most of the talk was just about them finding enough water that wasn't completely radiated. And just a few steps out of the "starter zone" you feel the crunch. Mosters are insanely strong, even at max level with a shotgun I have to expend a full clip to take down some of the Super Mutants which are the main evil so to say. Also most monsters travel in packs which adds to the hellish experience. Not only are you out gunned all of the time you then come to the next realization that you have shit for ammo. I spent considerable amounts of time just trying to squeak by with enough ammo to do anything, switching from gun to gun type trying to find something that'd last me till i found the next ammo box. It fits the theme of the game but was never fun.

So you managed to find enough ammo to kill that group but just as with ammo you can barely find anything to heal yourself with. Two missions into the game, including sidequests, I felt a crunch on stimpacks(health), and often found myself drinking out of toilet bowls for HP which in turn makes your radiation goes up. So trying to micro manage all these things and get anywhere in the game was just tedious.

I'm sure I could rant on but I'll score the game a 3.7 out of 5. But for user enjoyment only a 1 out of 5. Pick up at your own risk.
Dyne
Dyne

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 review Empty Re: Fallout 3 review

Post  Lawke Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 pm

wow you already finished it lol. what level were you when you ended? im level 13, got about 15-20 hours of gameplay in and feel like i havent progressed but maybe 40%.

yeah there were a couple insanely tough parts where ammo and health was far too hard to find, but it was exciting.

i personally give it: 4.2 / 5
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blankrubber Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Me and Rick are addicted atm. I'm trying to play it to it's fullest.
Blankrubber
Blankrubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowspine Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:28 pm

i went to a city I wasn't supposed to be at yet and ended up skipping half of the main story. That's some bullshit.
Shadowspine
Shadowspine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down