Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin's Creed review by VD

2 posters

:: Gaming :: User Reviews

Go down

Assassin's Creed review by VD Empty Assassin's Creed review by VD

Post  Inri Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Here's a review for AC by Vox.

"Assassin's Creed:Great graphics. Interesting variant on the stealth concept. Absolutely terrible storytelling, abysmal dialogue, and poor design fundamentals ruin what should have been a fascinating setting. I've also heard the missions are very repetitive, but I quit playing very early on after being forced to listen to constant blather about how assassins are all about NOT harming innocents. Are you freaking kidding me? Why not just mount them on unicorns and arm them with paintballs while you're at it! They went so far as to name the game after its very worst aspect. Jade Raymond is attractive and she's a competent producer, but she definitely needs to stay the hell away from the narrative. 3 of 10.

By the way, just to confirm I wasn't imagining the spectacular lameness, I checked out an interview with her. Get this: "This historic ambiguity has allowed us to portray the Assassins as a forward thinking group with the single objective to stop the war.... In Assassin's Creed, Crusaders (and the Saracens) are not the Assassin's true enemy. War is - as are those who exploit it." Ridiculous and howlingly anti-historical. I would have had more respect for Ubisoft Montreal if they'd portrayed the Assassins as a forward-thinking group with the single objective of legalizing gay marriage."
Inri
Inri

https://mtsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753597617

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed review by VD Empty Re: Assassin's Creed review by VD

Post  Lawke Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm

i remember reading a lot about peoples' disdain for Jade Raymond. from the stuff ive read about her and the things shes said, she does seem pretty stupid and should stay away from video games altogether.

as for the guy reviewing this game, who is he? how can you accurately review a game by quitting after playing for 15 minutes?
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 pm

the same way you can judge games like tales of symphonia without even playing a full hour. plus, he didn't even say 15 mins. i mainly posted what he said because i thought it was funny.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 pm

but I quit playing very early on after being forced to listen to constant blather about how assassins are all about NOT harming innocents

from what i remember, that was about 15 or 20 minutes into the game. its a very slow start with ALOT of dialogue in the beginning. i didnt even get half way through the game myself.

you still didnt tell us who this guy is. where did you find the review?
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inri Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:05 pm

oh, the dude is vox day. he's a libertarian christian that writes opinion colums for worldnetdaily, is an author of, like, 5 books, and he's a professional videogame designer. on top of that, he's a member of Mensa...amongst other things.
he has a blog and maybe once every two or three months he writes something about videogames. i think i've posted some of his stuff before.
once, he posted a blog that made a bible lesson out of an AV bg that he fought in.
Inri
Inri

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawke Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

haha that is awesome. i googled his name, is this his blog?

http://voxday.blogspot.com/

that dude blogs alot if thats just him. some interesting reads in there though.
Lawke
Lawke
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down